Safeguarding American Values for Everyone’s (SAVE) mission is to promote, protect, and defend equality in Miami-Dade County for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ). Established in 1993, SAVE strives to accomplish this mission through community education, grassroots organizing, mobilization and advocacy.
Starting with the landmark passage of Miami-Dade County's Human Rights Ordinance in 1998 and its expansion in 2014 to include transgender individuals, to the landmark marriage equality case and working to ban the dangerous practice of conversion therapy, SAVE continues to lead the way towards LGBTQ equality in South Florida.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with extensive, in-depth knowledge of LGBTQ issues, experience in fundraising, understanding of the South Florida media landscape (English/Spanish; Creole is a plus), and digital communications strategies. For this role, the candidate should be able to:
- Represent SAVE in the community with a focus on the mission of the organization; maintain frequent contact and positive relationships with current and prospective donors, corporate executives, community leaders, and individuals.
- Understanding of the South Florida bilingual media landscape with the ability to engage reporters, handle interviews and appearances, develop organizational communications, and oversee social media marketing campaigns.
- Partner with legislators, advocate on issues before political bodies and work with candidates and communities to pass legislation.
- Manage a cohesive team and provide hands on management to further the mission of SAVE.
- Establish, maintain and develop positive relationships with community leaders, elected officials, their staff, Board of Directors, donors, constituents, volunteers and the community at large.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with political candidates seeking SAVE's endorsements.
- Plan and execute three annual community wide fundraising events: Champions of Equality, Luminaries and Halloween Party.
- Manage and supervise staff to ensure deliverables for the organization and its programs.
Interested candidates should submit resume with cover letter and any relevant materials to SAVE Search Committee Chair Helena Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org