In Miami-Dade County, you can be...
FIRED from work...
simply for being WHO YOU ARE.
We will soon have the opportunity to end the injustice.
This summer, the Miami-Dade County Commission will be voting on a proposal that would add protections for transgender individuals in employment, housing, public accommodations, and finance. The proposal, sponsored by Commissioner Audrey Edmonson, will be voted on by the Health and Social Services Committee of the County Commission in July, and if it passes, it will (hopefully) be enacted by the full Commission in September.
What can you do to help? There are lots of ways to get involved:
- Add your name to the petition in support of TransEquality
- Support the campaign by making a donation
- Sign up to volunteer your time on behalf of the campaign
- Take the Trans* survey and help policymakers understand trans issues
- Follow @SAVETransEqual on Twitter for the latest updates from the campaign
- Read our trans friends' stories and view graphics about trans issues